Monday, November 4, 2013

"All For You" - Sister Hazel


The French have an interesting expression, "le coup de foudre." Literally it means "a bolt of lightning" or "thunderbolt", figuratively it means, "love at first sight."  There has been one instance where I've experienced "lightening", but other than that, my skies have remained relatively calm. Lightning always follows thunder, and thunder means unstable weather.  I have learned, that although unstable weather can be exciting, dangerous, and makes your heart race, it never lasts.
90's long hair - don't care, Sister Hazel

The more that I love, and lose, or leave, the more I think that maybe there's something more to it.   Maybe being successful in love, is less about finding someone that loves all of the great things about you, and more about finding someone that loves you, despite all of the not so great things.  What if in the long run, it matters less that someone will buy you flowers and write you love poems, and more that you can wear your retainer to bed with them, and that they'll take the dog for walks when it's cold out?
Maybe  "le coup de foudre" also refers to that eureka moment,when you realize what you've been looking for has been in front of you the whole time. What if that person that you've always wanted in your life, is already in your life, and you've yet to notice?

If I could pick any decade of music to keep on repeat (I kind of do I suppose via Songza), it would be the 90's.  The 90's were a time defined by Alternative Rock and Grunge such as Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam.  The 90's also brought an abundance of endless feel-good, catchy tunes,"All For You" being a perfect example.

"All For You" could be interpreted on several different levels, but to me it's about everything finally making sense. "There's been times, I'm so confused, All my roads, They lead to you."  When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.  



Finally I figured out, but it took a long long time

And now there's a turnabout, Maybe cause I'm trying



[PRE-CHORUS]



There's been times, I'm so confused
All my roads, They lead to you
I just can't turn, And walk away... 

[CHORUS]



It's hard to say, What it is I see in you
Wonder if I'll always, Be with you
But words can't say, And I can't do
Enough to prove, It's all for you 
I thought I'd seen it all, 'Cause it's been a long long time
But then we'll trip and fall, Wondering if I'm blind 

[PRE-CHORUS & CHORUS]

Rain comes pouring down (Pouring down)
Falling from blue skies (Falling from blue skies)
Words without a sound, Coming from your eyes 

[CHORUS - REPEAT ...]

No comments:

Post a Comment