Sunday, April 14, 2013

"Don't Stop Believing" - Journey

Hey girl, I heard you like birds.. so I got you this cake!
How did I miss this? My 3rd Anniversary of my blog (February).  Sadly, this only foreshadows my future maternal skills, (Oh I forgot the kids Bday? No worries yo, I"m sure the gas station sells some sort of ice cream cake).

Wow.  It's hard to believe that 3 years have passed.  In light of this momentous event and show of commitment on my part, (told you I could do a long-term relationship..)  I spent some time reading through my archived blog posts and thinking about how the times they are a-changin" (It wouldn't be a successful post without at least one Bob Dylan reference)

I loved (alot), I lost, I learned and I laughed (probably more than I should have).  Some things never change though,  I still have a mild animal obsession, prefer my vodka straight, wear a retainer to bed, and crave good music like a junkie craves a fix.


Baby J.Bird "When I grow up I want to be a blogger"
I'm grown up now in a way that I could never have imagined.  I'm much stronger than I have given myself credit for, and much more ambitious than a small town girl ever thought she could be.

And so in honor of things changing, but also things staying the same, I give you a song that you will have all heard at some point in your life.  This song is not a gem or a little known secret, but a classic that epitomizes my life in so many ways that there was really no other choice.

This is the song I got high school drunk with my best friends to at the Nipigon Inn (R.I.P.), the song I fell in love to, and the song I danced with my family to under the stars on the shore of Lake Manitoba.  If you ask anyone that's close to me they will tell you that this is "my song."  I don't have to remind them because I constantly get random texts, phone calls and voicemails reminding me "Don't Stop Believing", and I smile because I know that they are thinking of me.

So with a song that needs no introduction, explanation or analyzing - I give you "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, and my sincere thanks to everyone that puts up with me, sticks with me, and encourages me to keep blogging.




Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world 
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere 
Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit 
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere 

A singer in a smokey room 
A smell of wine and cheap perfume 
For a smile they can share the night 
It goes on and on and on and on 

(Chorus) 
Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard 
Their shadows searching in the night 
Streetlights people, living just to find emotion 
Hiding, somewhere in the night. 

Working hard to get my fill, 
Everybody wants a thrill 
Payin' anything to roll the dice, 
Just one more time 
Some will win, some will lose 
Some were born to sing the blues 
Oh, the movie never ends 
It goes on and on and on and on 

(Chorus) 

Don't stop believin' 
Hold on to the feelin' 
Streetlights people 

Don't stop believin' 
Hold on 
Streetlight people 

Don't stop believin' 
Hold on to the feelin' 
Streetlights people

No comments:

Post a Comment